Re: [AMBER] Problems installing Amber 18

From: Gustaf Olsson <gustaf.olsson.lnu.se>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2019 06:49:14 +0000

Well, if “sentenv” command is not found you are either not using csh or tsch or something else is wrong.

What OS are you using? What shell are you using?

In the terminal, try this:
    echo $0

if the output is -bash, -zsh or -ksh you should run the "export AMBERHOME=/home/myname/amber18” command
if the output is csh or tcsh you should run the “setenv AMBERHOME /home/myname/amber18” command

Mind you, this is only stored in memory for the current session. If you close you terminal or terminate the session this “path addition” is lost. To make it permanent you should add the:

        test -f /Users/guolaa/SOFTWARE/amber18/amber.sh && source /Users/guolaa/SOFTWARE/amber18/amber.sh

or the csh equivalent. Not sure exactly what that is as I am not using csh though after a successful configuration you will get a message telling you what to put in your profile. What this file will be called and where it is stored? That depends on what OS you are using and if you are using CSH or BASH.

Best regards
// Gustaf