[AMBER] If there is a method that can just use the soft-core potential for VDW interaction but not for electrostatic part

From: wangjianing_mail <wangjianing_mail.163.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2019 14:17:07 +0800 (GMT+08:00)

Hi,

    I am trying to calculate the relative binding free energy difference between 2 ions which have the same charge. I just need to calculate their different VDW interaction contribution to total free energy. So I think there is no need to turn off electrostatic interactions during calculations.

   But when I used the soft-core potential in my one-step transformation, not only vdw interaction was calculated by soft-core potential but also electrostatic force was calculated by soft-core potential too.

    I wonder if there is a method that can just use the soft-core potential for VDW interaction but not for electrostatic part when I calculate free energy difference with the one-step transformation method. Or I can only use the three-step transformation method to calculate the electrostatic interaction and VDW interactionrespectively.

   Thanks in advance!

Best,

Gini