Re: [AMBER] installation on MacOS10.6

From: Alan <alanwilter.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 23:04:00 +0100

So the question here is which gfortran are you using? Fink? MacPorts?
Anything else?

>From your economical description of the problem I would assume you're using
gfortran from Fink and you are not aware of /sw/bin/gcc-4 (Fink gcc) and
/usr/bin/gcc (Apple gcc) to gcc-4, since it seems you're mixing /usr/bin/gcc
with gfortran.

See

http://archive.ambermd.org/201004/0600.html
http://archive.ambermd.org/201004/0607.html

Alan

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 22:20, erik zuiderweg <zuiderwe.umich.edu> wrote:

> yes
>

> On May 13, 2010, at 5:12 PM, David Watson wrote:
>
> Are you using
>> configure -macAccelerate gnu
>> to configure AT1.4?
>>
>> On May 13, 2010, at 3:52 PM, erik zuiderweg wrote:
>>
>> I am trying to install Ambertools1.4 on a Intel MacbookPro , running Os
>>> 10.6.
>>> using the bash shell
>>>
>>> I have the gnu compilers installed.
>>>
>>> The configuration file is failing, WARNING: Unable to compile mixed
>>> C/Fortran code. (see attached log)
>>>
>>> The installation is failing because of a missing
>>> /usr/local/amber11/lib/arpack.a file
>>>
>>> (see attached
>>> log)<Ambertools_configure_problems.txt><Ambertools_make_problems.txt>

>>> AMBER mailing list
>>> AMBER.ambermd.org

Alan Wilter S. da Silva, D.Sc. - CCPN Research Associate
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge.
80 Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1GA, UK.