Re: [AMBER] installation on MacOS10.6

From: Mengjuei Hsieh <mjhsieh.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 15:58:30 -0700

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 1:52 PM, erik zuiderweg <zuiderwe.umich.edu> wrote:
> I am trying to install Ambertools1.4 on a Intel MacbookPro , running Os
> 10.6.
> using the bash shell
> I have the  gnu compilers installed.
>
> The configuration file is failing, WARNING: Unable to compile mixed
> C/Fortran code.  (see attached log)
>
> The installation is failing because of a missing
> /usr/local/amber11/lib/arpack.a file

Dear Erik,

The later errors on arpack: "make[1]: Nothing to be done for
`install'." is probably due to the fact your configure script didn't
finish successfully. So we should focus on the fact your gfortran
seems to be not working.

We can start from the versions of your c and fortran compilers to
solve the issues. You can use these two commands to get those
information: "gcc -v" and "gfortran -v". It also will be very helpful
if you can tell us what did you do to install the fortran compiler.

Best,
--
Mengjuei