Re: [AMBER] installation on MacOS10.6

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 17:56:34 -0400

See this website:

http://amberonmac.blogspot.com/

Your problem is likely that you're not using the right compilers. You
naturally have to install gfortran, which I'm assuming you did based on the
fact that it complained of F90/C link failures rather than a lack of
gfortran. However, you also have to have (optimally) the same version of
gcc as you have gfortran.

The best idea is to install GCC 4.4 (with gcc, g++, and gfortran) from
macports or fink (I use macports personally) and use those compilers.
However, the you have to make sure that /opt/local/bin appears in the path
first so that it's using the correct compilers.

To check, use the commands

gcc --version
gfortran --version

Make sure gcc is 4.4.something, not 4.2.1 (the Xcode version). The above
website offers good step-by-step instructions.

Good luck!
Jason

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 5:20 PM, erik zuiderweg <zuiderwe.umich.edu> wrote:

> yes
>

> On May 13, 2010, at 5:12 PM, David Watson wrote:
>
> Are you using
>> configure -macAccelerate gnu
>> to configure AT1.4?
>>
>> On May 13, 2010, at 3:52 PM, erik zuiderweg wrote:
>>
>> I am trying to install Ambertools1.4 on a Intel MacbookPro , running Os
>>> 10.6.
>>> using the bash shell
>>>
>>> I have the gnu compilers installed.
>>>
>>> The configuration file is failing, WARNING: Unable to compile mixed
>>> C/Fortran code. (see attached log)
>>>
>>> The installation is failing because of a missing
>>> /usr/local/amber11/lib/arpack.a file
>>>
>>> (see attached
>>> log)<Ambertools_configure_problems.txt><Ambertools_make_problems.txt>

>>> AMBER mailing list
>>> AMBER.ambermd.org

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida