Re: [AMBER] "FATAL: Atom *** does not have a type" Error

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2020 08:23:29 -0400

On Sun, Aug 30, 2020, Kashyap, Jatin wrote:

>I used UCSF chimera to add hydrogen & charge and saved the result in pdb
>format and fed to AMBER. Here one thing to notice, I do get some alerts in
>UCSF chimera while adding charge.

Charges are not generally stored in PDB files, and Amber doesn't read
such information from there. If you are preparing a ligand PDB file for
antechamber, use the '-nc' flag to set the net charge on the ligand.
And double-check that chimera is doing sensible things when adding
hydrogens.

...good luck....dac