Re: [AMBER] Clustering_distance_metric_option_general_rule

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2018 11:21:26 -0400

Hi,

RMSD is probably ok. You may need to be careful what residues you
select (e.g. you may want a few stem residues selected as well as the
loop, may want to exlude hydrogen atoms, etc). Another possibility
that comes to mind are the sugar-phosphate backbone torsions.

Others on the list with more extensive NA clustering experience may
have better suggestions.

-Dan

PS - You may want to make use of the openmp version of cpptraj
(cpptraj.OMP) for clustering as it can be significantly faster on a
multi-core machine. Just make sure you don't use more threads than you
have physical cores - cpptraj does not benefit from hyperthreading.