Re: [AMBER] Clustering_distance_metric_option_general_rule

From: Christina Bergonzo <cbergonzo.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2018 11:47:55 -0400

Hi,

Each individual RNA system is fairly unique, and analysis will depend on
what you are trying to learn from your simulations.
To start:
I usually do an RMSD on individual secondary structures (stem region?
hairpin? bulge?).
I usually look at any non-native base pairing and calculate distances for
those.
I usually run nastruct to see how well-behaved stem regions are.
I evaluate the structure against any experimental data I have.

For clustering, take a look at the following paper and see if it helps:
Mg2+ binding promotes SLV as a scaffold in Varkud satellite ribozyme
SLI-SLV kissing loop junction
<https://scholar.google.com/scholar?oi=bibs&cluster=4453630380232919124&btnI=1&hl=en>
C Bergonzo, TE Cheatham III - Biophysical journal, 2017

I had a kissing loop junction where two RNA hairpins form Watson-Crick base
pairs.
The clustering commands I used in CPPTRAJ are included in the Supplementary
Info as Script 1.

Essentially, I read in my trajectory, fit on the stems, and then clustered
using dbscan on the individual loops.

Hope this helps,
Christina