Re: [AMBER] MMPBSA ImportError

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2016 15:16:57 -0500

On Wed, Feb 03, 2016, Josh Berryman wrote:

> I found that I had to install parmed as root. ubuntu 14.04, python 2.7.6
> installed via the usual apt-get python.

Hi Josh: As Jason says, this shouldn't be the case, and it's not obvious what
is happening. What is the value of $PYTHON_INSTALL in your config.h file?
Maybe you (and others) are requesting a global python install, which in turn
could require root permissions.

If it's the latter, we should probably fix something here: we really want to
discourage people from installing all or parts of Amber as root.

...dac