Re: [AMBER] MMPBSA ImportError

From: Joseph Baker <bakerj.tcnj.edu>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2016 21:54:11 +0000

I looked in the config.h in my amber directory, and I did not see the
PYTHON_INSTALL variable in there. The PYTHON path in config.h is

#Python interpreter we are using
PYTHON=/usr/bin/python2.6

I was running the install as root.

These Exxact machines (or at least the ones I bought) come with an
auto-update/configure script with these contents

cd $AMBERHOME
make clean
./update_amber
./configure gnu
make -j8 install
make clean
./configure -mpi gnu
make -j8 install
make clean
./configure -cuda gnu
make -j8 install
make clean
./configure -cuda -mpi gnu
make -j8 install
make clean

echo ""
echo "Update Complete"

So I just execute that as root and it runs ./update_amber and the
./configure script and make commands to compile everything. I still had to
do the manual make_install inside of the MMPBSA directory to get that to
update. I checked with ls -l in my amber/bin directory before I did that
and the MMPBSA.py script had an old date on it corresponding to my last
update before I did the manual install, but then after manual install the
date in the bin directory was updated.

Joe