Re: [AMBER] how to convert mdcrd to NetCDF trajectory file?

From: V. Kumar <vin.vasanth.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 10:14:26 +0100

Hi

try like this to combine MDCRD files in to one mdcrd file

create a input file name --> combine_mdcrds&strip.ptraj
=============================

trajin production_md1.mdcrd.gz
trajin production_md2.mdcrd.gz
trajin production_md3.mdcrd.gz
trajin production_md4.mdcrd.gz
trajin production_md5.mdcrd.gz
trajin production_md6.mdcrd.gz
trajin production_md7.mdcrd.gz
trajin production_md8.mdcrd.gz
trajin production_md9.mdcrd.gz
trajin production_md10.mdcrd.gz
trajout production_all_no_wat.mdcrd
rms first out production_all.rmsfit @N,CA,C time 1
center :1-20
image familiar
strip :WAT

command
cpptraj -p production_wat.prmtop -i combine_mdcrds&strip.ptraj

also you can have a look in to this link
http://structbio.vanderbilt.edu/archives/amber-archive/2008/0019.php

Yes VMD can view the netCDF file but you need to install netCDF plugin in
to VMD.(some where I read in the forum, i guess some one already answered
this question)

Cheers
Vince