Re: [AMBER] PCA: comparing PCs from different trajectories

From: Eiros Zamora, Juan <j.eiros-zamora14.imperial.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2015 16:32:48 +0000

Hey I’ve been doing some PCA myself so maybe I can help you
El 6/8/2015, a las 16:18, George Tzotzos <gtzotzos.me.com<mailto:gtzotzos.me.com>> escribió:

Thank you Daniel,

It worked. I have a couple of queries.

1. In my script
kde T1:1 kldiv T2:1 klout KL-PC.agr bins 400 name PC1-PC2-1
kde T1:2 kldiv T2:2 klout KL-PC.agr bins 400 name PC1-PC2-2
kde T1:3 kldiv T2:3 klout KL-PC.agr bins 400 name PC1-PC2-3
kde T1:4 kldiv T2:4 klout KL-PC.agr bins 400 name PC1-PC2-4
kde T1:5 kldiv T2:5 klout KL-PC.agr bins 400 name PC1-PC2-5

1. Does the produced histogram (see attached) represent the Kullback−Leibler divergence of the first 5 PCs between run 1 and 2? Is this correct?

I don’t see anything attached, but yeah I think that should work

2. In the affirmative, I guess I should do the same for run 1 and 3, 1 and 4, etc. Am I right?

True, I discussed this with Dan on an email in the list a day ago

3. Last but not least, I don’t see anywhere in the output how much of the total motion is represented in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd PC for each run. Is there a way to produce this type of output?

I don’t know if cpptraj can do this directly (at least I haven’t figured out how). But the way I’ve done it is outputting an evecs file when you run the diagmatrix command to diagonalize your covariance matrix (with the out flag). In that file you have all the vectors you’ve specified (to more the better accuracy on the % of motion) preceded by their eigenvalue. So what you do is get all those eigenvalues, sum them and then calculate what % each value is of that total sum. So that will tell you how much of the variance each eigenvector is responsible for. If everything goes well, you should see that each PC has a lower % than the previous one. It’s a bit of a workaround so if cpptraj has the option to do that and I haven’t seen it I’ll feel pretty dumb

Hope that helps,

Juan

Once again thank you for your kind help

Regards