Re: [AMBER] PCA: comparing PCs from different trajectories

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2015 14:06:45 -0600

On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 8:18 AM, George Tzotzos <gtzotzos.me.com> wrote:
> kde T1:1 kldiv T2:1 klout KL-PC.agr bins 400 name PC1-PC2-1
>
> 1. Does the produced histogram (see attached) represent the Kullback−Leibler divergence of the first 5 PCs between run 1 and 2? Is this correct?

There was no attachment (maybe try sending it to me directly?), but if
you are referring to KL-PC.agr this should contain the time dependent
Kullback-Leibler divergence (i.e. calculating the KL divergence as
histograms are populated) for the first 5 PCs.

> 2. In the affirmative, I guess I should do the same for run 1 and 3, 1 and 4, etc. Am I right?

Sure, if you want to see how converged the PC projection distributions
are for those runs :-).

> 3. Last but not least, I don’t see anywhere in the output how much of the total motion is represented in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd PC for each run. Is there a way to produce this type of output?

Check out the analysis command 'modes' and keyword 'eigenval'. The
input would look something like this assuming evecs.dat contains
previously generated eigenmodes:

readdata evecs.dat name evecs
modes name evecs eigenval out eigenval.dat

Hope this helps,

-Dan