Re: [AMBER] Instructions on How to install Amber on Suse Linux

From: Jin Zhang <jin.zhang.umu.se>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 16:55:55 +0100

Dear Amber members

I am a new user of Amber. I bought the Amber 14 package recently and wish to install it together with amber tools on my SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 SP3 system.

Could you please give a detailed instructions on how to install amber and amber tools on my linux system?

Which type of compliers should I install before starting Amber installation?

Do you think it is possible to use my own python package (Anaconda, that is hard linked with system python)?

How should I enable the GPU acceleration features after installation?

Do you think quadro K4000 GPU will increase the simulation significantly or not?

Thank you very much for your instructions! Have a nice day!
Best regards
Jin