[AMBER] compile AMBER 22 with non-default gcc

From: Vlad Cojocaru via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2022 00:08:11 +0100

Dear all,

On an openSUSE Tumbleweed machine, I am trying to compile AMBER 22 with
a non-default gcc. It worked with the default gcc (which points to
gcc-12) but I cannot build the CUDA enabled executables because CUDA
only supports gcc up to 11. So, I am trying to use "gcc-11" instead.

I tried modifying the run_cmake file to include the options
"-DCMAKE_C_COMPILER=gcc-11 -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=g++-11
-DCMAKE_FORTRAN_COMPILER=gfortran-11"

I also tried setting the CC, CXX. FC environment variables (export
CC=gcc-11 ... ). However, run_cmake still tries to compile with the
default gcc ignoring all these settings.

Does anyone have any idea how to stop cmake from using the default gcc
version ?

Thanks
Vlad

--