Re: [AMBER] Advice on Simulated Annealing

From: Matthew Guberman-Pfeffer <matthew.guberman-pfeffer.uconn.edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2021 11:00:57 -0500

Thanks, David, for the advice. I learned yesterday before seeing your reply that indeed high temperatures without any restraints will cause the protein to ‘explode’ quite spectacularly.
I also assumed that ordinary MD wouldn’t be sufficient, but I’m glad you suggested seeing how that goes first before experimenting with accelerated sampling techniques.

Best,
Matthew