Re: [AMBER] Problems with RMSD of different proteins.

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 11:07:03 -0500

it sounds like the atoms still don't match in these files. you can't set a
reference or read a trajectory using the prmtop file unless it's the same
system.
I suggest looking at a better way to go about this in cpptraj, described a
little in this email from Dan Roe (with much more detail in the manual of
course). This should be enough to get you started.
http://archive.ambermd.org/201909/0335.html