Re: [AMBER] installation error amber 18 in ubuntu 20.04

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 08:47:33 -0500

On Wed, Nov 24, 2021, Ayesha Fatima wrote:

>I am trying to install a serial installation of AMBER18 in my Dell G3
>machine equipped with Intel core7 processor with Ubuntu 20.04

>running install_scripts
>copying build/scripts-2.7/packmol-memgen ->
>/home/aesha/Documents/amber18/amber18//bin
>changing mode of /home/aesha/Documents/amber18/amber18//bin/packmol-memgen
>to 755
>cp: cannot stat 'packmol_memgen/lib/memembed/bin/memembed': No such file or
>directory

I've not seen this error before. Can you look at the entire make log to
look for anything else related to packmol_memgen? (Run "make install >
make.log" if you don't have a log file.)

As a workaround, while this problem is being investigated, you could comment
out the lines related to packmol_memgen in AmberTools/src/Makefile.
(I'm assuming, based on the fact that this is Amber18, that you are still
using the configure script, and not cmake). This should get
you going if packmol_memgen is the only problem.

...good luck....dac