Re: [AMBER] How to minimize a pdb format file in Amber 16

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 08:40:04 -0400

You can't minimize a pdb file directly. Normally you would use leap to
convert to prmtop and restart file. But if you already built this system,
there is no need for that. When you do your clustering, just don't use pdb
format to save it. If you did it in cpptraj, just save to restart format,
not pdb, and then use it with your original prmtop to minimize. Check the
cpptraj manual for info on how to select the format when saving the
coordinates.
Or, use cpptraj to read in your pdb and save a restart format.
There are many ways to solve this.