Re: [AMBER] error with AMBER installation

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2021 14:20:12 -0500

On Wed, Feb 17, 2021, Mohammad Alaraby wrote:

>I am using the gcc 7.5 version and cmake 3.19.5.

It would help to know more here. What version of gfortran do you have? I
have to guess a lot, but this looks like something that should not be an
error for gfortran 7, but would be for version 10.

>Error: Rank mismatch between actual argument at (1) and actual argument at
>(2) (scalar and rank-1)

Can you give more of the context of the error message? What routine was
being compiled?

>I restarted a fresh installation and added the flag "-fallow-argument-mismatch"
>to the config.h script and then make install.
>.... Then the *same* Rank mismatch error...

Again, knowing exactly how you changed config.h would help: *where* did you
add the above flag? Again, I have to guess based on very litle information,
but you may not have put the flag in the correct place.

It would also be good to know how you are compiling Amber: you email
mentions cmake, but the reference to editing the config.h script sounds
like the older installation procedure.

>Possible change of value in conversion from INTEGER(8) to INTEGER(4)

You shold not need to worry about these.

...thanks...dave