[AMBER] theoretical doubt about TI

From: Gabriel Jara <gabriel.fcq.unc.ar.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2021 10:54:14 -0300

Hi all,

I am newer at performing this type of calculation and maybe it is a basic
issue.

I am running discrete thermodynamic integration (DTI) calculation for
cytosine methylation. The forward (TIMASK1= cytosine ring;
TIMASK2=methylated cytosine ring) and backward (TIMASK1=methylated cytosine
ring; TIMASK2= cytosine ring) give very similarly DH/Dlambda vs windows
curves. The states 0 for forward and backward are close, as well as other
states. However, DeltaG seems to be correctly reproduced, DeltaG_forward ~
- DeltaG_backward.

My question is if it is type s right the curves are similar.

Thanks in advance.

--
Dr. Gabriel E. Jara
LNBio/CNPEM