Re: [AMBER] Help with installation

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2021 08:16:32 -0500

On Thu, Feb 18, 2021, Ana Daniela Vega Rodriguez wrote:

>I tried to install the AMBER as per the instructions in the manual. But
>facing some problems in "make install" command.
>
>While Linking C executable xaLeap, it gives error.
>The error is as follows:
>
>[ 98%] Linking C executable xaLeap
>/usr/bin/ld: ../Xraw/libXaw.a(AsciiSrc.c.o): in function `InitStringOrFile':
>/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libSM.so: undefined reference to `uuid_unparse_lower.UUID_1.0'

Can you say what operating system you are using, and what version of gcc
(gcc --version)?

As a workaround, add "-DBUILD_GUI=FALSE" to your run_cmake script, and
re-run "run_cmake" and "make install". Let us know if you still have
problems.

...thanks for the report....dac

Developers: Googling on the error message gives some interesting hints, but
I think we will have to find out more about what sort of environment
triggers this error.