Re: [AMBER] multi source calls in tleap

From: Matias Machado <mmachado.pasteur.edu.uy>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2021 10:52:23 -0300 (UYT)

Dear Alan,

These feature is present since AMBER 16 or so (at leat that is the oldest version I've tied)...

I don't think it is a bug, but Dave should certainly know better that me...

I think it is some kind of safe-lock to prevent users from doing potentially wrong things... such as over-witting force fields...

Indeed, oldff/leaprc.ff99SB and oldff/leaprc.ff99bsc0 load almost the same stuff, but for the bsc0 parameters of DNA.

Hence the right way to load the force field is just "source oldff/leaprc.ff99bsc0"

Anyway, as David mention, both the parameters and the way to load them are very old fashion...

One proper way to do it at present is:

source leaprc.protein.ff14SB
source leaprc.water.tip3p
source leaprc.DNA.bsc1

Best,

Matías

PS: I'm stating to use "leaprc.water.opc" and OP3 (OPC3) water model, which is much better than TIP3P for the same price :-P