Re: [AMBER] Amber20 install problem (Geng Dong)

From: Gustaf Olsson <gustaf.olsson.lnu.se>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2020 07:45:32 +0000

Personally, building Amber on ubuntu has regularly produced the least amount of build problems and fewest problems with tests compared to other OSs.

Just based on the error reported, this is an indication that there might be a problem with the "read-frame”, though what could have caused it is not as easy guess.

Maybe a simple place to start is to check the file integrity? Have a look at the files in question:
/home/Kai/software/amber20/AmberTools/src/cpptraj/test/Test_Esander_Short/*.save

Maybe do a quick compare:

md5sum /home/Kai/software/amber20/AmberTools/src/cpptraj/test/Test_Esander_Short/*.save

MD5 (gb.dat.save) = a4436aed03bca71e9bc88e89b011f734
MD5 (pme.dat.save) = 5660d9f15eecef44fd0d9baefd163a14

If this matches up, maybe there is a problem with these files? I’m not savvy enough in fortran code to judge if it is correct:

    READ(AA(IPT3+1:IPT4-1),'(F8.3)') RPVER

Where I’m not sure what F8.3 specifies, floating point with 8 characters and something (.3). Though if there was a problem I would guess that more people might have reported it?

Best regards
// Gustaf