Re: [AMBER] 转发: Amber20 install problem (Geng Dong)

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2020 22:00:31 -0400

On Thu, Aug 20, 2020, 东庚 wrote:

>I am Geng Dong from Shantou University Medical College.
>Thank you for you reply in amber.org mail list about my problem. Since I
>can not attach the test.log file to the mail of amber, I send it to you
>directly.

I am at a loss here. You have many, many errors -- lots are all in the same
piece of code, but many others are not.

>We installed amber on Ubuntu 18 LTS with gnu complier.

I personally, and many others, have used Ubuntu18. Can you report the
result of typing "which gfortran" and "gfortran --version"? Can you try an
installation on some other machine?

Is there any chance that the encoding of files is odd? Might there have been
some conversion related to Chinese characters? Or perhaps an encrypted file
system? I'm fishing for any information you might have about why your
system might differ from what almost everyone else has.

I'm cc-ing this to the amber list with a truncated version of the log file.

The failure to parse the VERSION string in prmtop files happens several
hundred times; but other errors pop up as well.

...regards...dac