Re: [AMBER] How to deal with oxygen atom on Fe=O of Compound I (heme enzyme, P450)

From: Vaibhav Dixit <vaibhavadixit.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2020 19:26:04 +0530

I'm also planning to generate similar parameters for Heme-His system.
This would need, I guess, generating a new residue for His bound to Heme
(e.g. HIH)
But I suspect that other users on the list might have already done this.
I hope they would respond and share their experience here.

On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 6:51 PM Mohamed M. Aboelnga <
mohamedm.aboelnga.mail.concordia.ca> wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > Many thanks for your endless support!
> >

> > Sincerely,
> > Mohamed M. Aboelnga, PhD
> > Horizon Postdoctoral Fellow
> > Centre for Research in Molecular Modeling (CERMM)
> > Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
> > Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec, CANADA

> > (heme enzyme, P450)
> >
> > Hi Thirakorn,
> >
> > > On Jul 9, 2020, at 6:59 AM, Thirakorn Mokkawes <
> > thirakorn.mokkawes.manchester.ac.uk> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I am new to AMBER field. I am working on P450 enzymes and attempting to
> > study the mechanisms through Compound I.
> > >
> > > I have the problem with generating the mol2 and frcmod files for the
> > oxygen atom bound to Fe on heme as Compound I (Fe=O). I did the
> parameters
> > files for heme and Fe, but for the oxygen should I treat it as another
> > ligand, water, or include it in heme mol2.
> > >

> > You should treat the oxygen as an independent residue from Fe.
> >
> > > I tried to follow these 2 links:
> > http://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial20/mcpbpy_heme.htm
> > >
> > http://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial20/mcpb.htm
> > >
> > > Another question is how to create the parameter for Cys-Fe?
> > >

> > MCPB.py can handle this case, it will recognize the CYM/CYS residue
> > automatically as long as your PDB file is consistent with AMBER naming
> > scheme for amino acids (but you need to make sure the cysteine residue
> has
> > the correct protonation state).
> >
> > > Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.
> > >

> > Pengfei

> Regards,
>
> Dr. Vaibhav A. Dixit,
>
> Visiting Scientist at the Manchester Institute of Biotechnology (MIB), The
> University of Manchester, 131 Princess Street, Manchester M1 7DN, UK.
> AND
> Assistant Professor,
> Department of Pharmacy,
> ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
> Birla Institute of Technology and Sciences Pilani (BITS-Pilani),
> VidyaVihar Campus, street number 41, Pilani, Rajasthan 333031.
> India.
> Phone No. +91 1596 255652,
> Email: vaibhav.dixit.pilani.bits-pilani.ac.in, vaibhavadixit.gmail.com
> http://www.bits-pilani.ac.in/pilani/vaibhavdixit/profile
> https://www.linkedin.com/in/vaibhav-dixit-b1a07a39/
>
> ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-4015-2941
>
> http://scholar.google.co.in/citations?user=X876BKcAAAAJ&hl=en&oi=sra

Regards,
Dr. Vaibhav A. Dixit,
Visiting Scientist at the Manchester Institute of Biotechnology (MIB), The
University of Manchester, 131 Princess Street, Manchester M1 7DN, UK.
AND
Assistant Professor,
Department of Pharmacy,
Birla Institute of Technology and Sciences Pilani (BITS-Pilani),
VidyaVihar Campus, street number 41, Pilani, Rajasthan 333031.
Phone No. +91 1596 255652, Mob. No. +91-7709129400,