Re: [AMBER] ff14SBonlysc + OPC3

From: Matias Machado <mmachado.pasteur.edu.uy>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2020 14:03:05 -0300 (UYT)

Just a follow up to Daniel's and Carlos'...

As OPC3 and TIP3P share the same topology, loading TIP3P and then OPC3 overwrites the former parameters.

Note that "solvent.lib", which is loaded by "leaprc.water.tip3p", contains OP3BOX.

Interesting... if you create a pure water system with and without first loading the protein force filed and then compare the .prmtop files using diff, you may find some differences... that is because TIP3P parameters are also set in "parm99.dat", but they shouldn't. Particularly, I think the following line, which sets HBOND parameters, may be related to that issue:

  HW OW 0000. 0000. 4. flag for fast water

In any case, that difference won't affect the simulation as

An additional curiosity, neither "frcmod.opc3" nor "frcmod.tip3p" have angle definitions, I mean there is no angle at all, not even set to zero! however leap doesn't complain about that... My guess is that leap hard-codes some instructions to avid giving an error message and setting angle parameters to fast water models... That's important, because "pamr94.dat" does define angles for TIP3P, but they aren't printed to the topology.

Last, but not least... in case you are using divalent ions, you may consider reading this just accepted JCTC:

Systematic Parameterization of Divalent Metal Ions for the OPC3, OPC, TIP3P-FB, and TIP4P-FB Water Models
[https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.jctc.0c00194]

Best,

Matias

PhD.
Researcher at Biomolecular Simulations Lab.
Institut Pasteur de Montevideo | Uruguay
[http://pasteur.uy/en/labs/biomolecular-simulations-laboratory]
[http://www.sirahff.com]