Re: [AMBER] Cluster analysis: the result was strange

From: Christina Bergonzo <cbergonzo.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2020 09:22:23 -0400

Hi,

The manual is the first link on this page: http://ambermd.org/GetAmber.php
There is a thorough section on clustering - look for the Analysis Commands
in Cpptraj.

To check the clustering metrics, you can look for the following (grep) in
the log file (assuming you have printed the cpptraj output to a log file):
DBI is Davies-Bouldon index
pSF is pseudo F
Number_of_noise_frames will give you how much of the trajectory frames is
classified as noise

What does the rms plot look like? Does it show a lot of motion? If the
system is restrained, it might be reasonable that you got a single cluster.
Alternatively, you can try using kmeans (or another distance-based
clustering algorithm) which will force a certain number of clusters.
I'd suggest starting with 3 or 5, saving the PairDistance file, and then
re-running the clustering with clusters=6,7,8,9,10 and the loadpairdist
command to see what the DBI/pSF metrics are.

Good luck!
-Christina