Re: [AMBER] some queries

From: David Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2019 14:13:58 +0000

On Mon, Dec 30, 2019, Ayesha Fatima wrote:

> test -f /mnt/d/amber/amber18/amber.csh && source
>/mnt/d/amber/amber18/amber.csh (csh/tcsh)

Are you using the C-shell as your shell? (This is rather rare).

>Error: Could not import Amber Python modules!
>
>also when I was doing my installation I did use the following command line
> ./configure -noX11 --skip-python gnu

Since you asked to skip python, it is not surprising that the test suite
cannot import python modules. In principle, the test suite should look
at the config.h file and figure out that is what you wanted, but that
actually turns out to be rather complicated. Since most users will want
Amber python at some point, the test suite assumes that it will be
there.

>in case i did not use --skip-python, it was informing me that Miniconda
>will be installed however, it gave an error that it cannot do so due to
>python error although I have python 2.7.17 installed.

Can you give us the exact error (i.e. cut and paste what you see on the
screen?) Installing miniconda does not use python, so it doesn't matter
what python you might or might not already have installed. So we need
information on why the miniconda installation failed. (It's worth
re-trying anyway, since occasional internet hiccups can happen.)

>is there an issue running amber?

Looks like you are OK if you don't need any python stuff.

...dac