Re: [AMBER] CPPTRAJ average residue-wise contact map

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2019 08:25:25 -0400

Hi,

You can get a combined contacts map by just considering every contact
to be "non-native" using the 'skipnative' keyword; this keyword is
relatively new so use the GitHub version of cpptraj.

Normalizing it to 1 is a little more problematic. The way cpptraj
normalizes by-residue contacts is a little strange - the final values
currently reflect how many potential contacts a residue can make (so
e.g. TRP residues can end up with higher values than GLY residues). To
do a 1 to 1 map you could either to a C-alpha contacts map (while
increasing the default distance cutoff), or create a pseudo trajectory
of each side chain center of mass (via 'vector' and 'writedata
vectraj'), then dot he native contacts analysis on the pseudo
trajectory (more details in the manual). Let me know if you have more
questions.

Hope this helps,

-Dan