Re: [AMBER] AMBER18 on RTX 2080Ti

From: Rui Sun <ruisun.hawaii.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2018 00:56:02 -1000

Hi Ross, Dave,and Pratul,

Thank you all for the quick responses. I truly appreciate it.

I have double checked with the vendor and it seems they have tested the
overheating issue. I am planing on getting something similar to the link (
https://www.supermicro.com/products/system/4U/4029/SYS-4029GP-TRT2.cfm).
There is also an option of updating from the 92 GB RAM to the 192GB RAM for
about $1060. I guess the size of the RAM becomes increasingly important as
the size of the system increases?

Thank you for the tips on the CPU -- I actually have a related question.
Part of my research is to develop enhanced sampling method and I have been
using Plumed (http://www.plumed.org/). As far as I know, Plumed have been
tested and patched with AMBER 14. Could you please comment on the
compatibility of Plumed with AMBER18?

Thanks again for your help.
Rui

*Rui Sun*