Re: [AMBER] AMBER18 on RTX 2080Ti

From: Pratul Agarwal <pratul.agarwal-lab.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2018 17:43:59 +0000

I don't think $1060 for extra RAM will give you ROI. Main system memory is not a limitation in GPU runs and even most types of analyses. But you may have other programs that need it ...

I personally would go for extra storage, RAIDed disks, better network (even bonded multiple NICs) ...

Pratul K. Agarwal, Ph.D.
(Editorial Board Member: PLoS ONE, Microbial Cell Factories)
Web: http://www.agarwal-lab.org/