Re: [AMBER] Problems with installation on Mac with Mojave. (cpptraj??)

From: Gustaf Olsson <gustaf.olsson.lnu.se>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2018 14:21:04 +0000

So, I managed to get a virtual machine installed running Mojave on my Mojave running mac (very meta)

I managed to compile amber using macports and will add to the writeup as soon as I have a) reproduced the process and b) have some time to write.

This issues remains:

Warning: Failed command:
     g++ -fPIC -lboost_thread -lboost_system -o testp testp.cpp
Warning: Check boost.compile.err for error details.
Warning: Memembed functionality in packmol_memgen not available.

Boost does not play well on macOS so this is still an issue, even if explicitly installed from MacPorts. Otherwise it seems to be working as intended.

A final thought, Apple has announced that with the next major release of Xcode, many of the headers we now have to install manual will be completely deprecated and any workarounds applied will stop working. No critique, no complaints just a reminder.

Best regards
// Gustaf