Re: [AMBER] Problems with installation on Mac with Mojave. (cpptraj??)

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2018 13:31:15 -0500

On Tue, Dec 11, 2018, Gustaf Olsson wrote:

>If you need/want to switch to MacPorts for any reason, I think DAC posted
>a short instruction on how to do it in this forum and I stil think Jason
>Swails blog is up, in that case there is more info on compiling on OS X
>using MacPorts!

First: thanks to Gustaf for posting such a nice description. I've taken
the liberty of linking to that from ambermd.org/Installation.php.

FWIW, I personally use the second option on Gustaf's blog (using Apple's
clang compiler). I never fully succeeded in getting MacPorts gcc compiler
to work everywhere--but mainly ran out of time/enthusiasm. It's probably
possible.

Also on the to-do list: figure out a patch that will work on both Mojave
and on earlier versions of MacOS. Volunteers are welcome since I no
longer have any earlier Mac machines easily available.

...regards...dac