Re: [AMBER] ligand charges for md

From: Fabian Glaser <fabian.glaser.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2018 18:33:08 +0200

This is great, thanks a lot!

I checked and antechamber works fine for this ligand, great! Then I have a follow up question:

In this case, I need to dock this ligand into its receptor, and then MD with some of the best docking results, since I don’t have the ligand - protein complex. As I understand the antechamber energy and charges will be dependent on the specific geometry of the ligand, so I guess those are the steps to follow:

1) dock the ligand using my initial charges (calculated from an initial guess, in this guess a PDB geometry)
2) choose my best conformations from docking
3) recalculate antechamber for each ligand docking results I intend to run MD
4) create prmtop and run MD with each new antechamber result for the complex

Is this a generally correct protocol?
And then

Thanks a lot, hope this are not too trivial questions for you,

Best,

Fabian

Fabian Glaser PhD

Head of the Structural Bioinformatics section
Bioinformatics Knowledge Unit - BKU
The Lorry I. Lokey Interdisciplinary Center for Life Sciences and Engineering
Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel
Web http://bku.technion.ac.il/
Tel +972 (0) 4 8293701