Re: [AMBER] Multi GPU performance

From: David Cerutti <dscerutti.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2018 10:08:32 -0400

This is not surprising. I don't see what GPUs you used, but with the
latest Volta lines it's not possible to get better performance than the
single GPU case unless you have some really specialized interconnects and
like eight of them--a corner case that's not worth replicating. Just stick
to single GPU runs. The multi-GPU stuff remains in the code because we
will not break functionality that was added years ago, and we may return to
the multi-GPU world in time, but for now the benefit of running multiple
GPUs on the Pascal architectures is marginal and Volta is nonexistent.

Dave