Re: [AMBER] Initial configuration of ADP and ion simulation using AMBER.

From: Abhilash J <md.scfbio.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2018 00:08:47 +0530

Hi Pengfei and Chris

   Thanks for your inputs. It does clear few things.
   I tried a bonded model but it did not go well with the water molecules
(i think you already foresaw this in your tutorial). So i built a non
bonded model for all 6 bonds. But i sure can make a hybrid model with water
molecules as non bonded and others bonded. From your experience what will
be the profit of using a hybrid model.
  I checked the RCSB IDs 2CNQ and 1KJQ and you are right, they do show only
2 ADPoxygen-Mg2+ contacts in Mg2+'s first shell. Given that these are 1
Angstrom structures we should consider it as relevant.
  I also noticed the both seem to have 6 bonds with Mg2+ in octahedral
form (for 2CNQ : 4 water 2 ADPoxygen; for 1KJQ: 2 water 2 ADPoxygen; 1
oxygen from GLU267 and 1 oxygen from GLU279 ).
  With this information i would say best guess from my side would be to go
with 2CNQ kind of structure of 4 water 2 ADPoxygen. As i want to study the
dissociation of ADP from the protein.
  Crystallizing the protein with ADP is out of question as many researchers
have already tried and it just does not work out. While there is
literature, none says anything about the ADP water conformation. Its just
that ADP is formed and we see conformational change. I think understanding
the causes of this conformational change is needed.
  Hence i need to model a ADP in place of ATP along with Mg2+ and its
co-ordinate bonds.
  What do you suggest will be a reasonable starting structure in such a
case.

==================================================================================================================
  To put some light on my work here:
  In my case i have 2 PDBs to work with:
  1. an electron microscopy PDB of little over 3 Angstrom resolution of the
protein with ATP. It does not have water molecules. (All protein domains
available)
  2. a X-ray structure of ATP binding domain of the protein with ATP with 3
ATP-oxygen bond, 2 water, and 1 Oxygen atom from amino acid. (only ATP
binding domain was crystallized in this case)
  We know that ATP is hydrolyzed to ADP and then conformation changes. I am
interested in understanding the confrontational changes after ATP->ADP
hydrolysis, hence i need to model ADP with MG and water. A full Quantum run
is not possible for nor a QM/MM as it might be required to run over 100s of
nanoseconds.