Re: [AMBER] how to calculate the mass center distance between adjacent repeat units of one polymer chain

From: Wesley Michael Botello-Smith <wmsmith.uci.edu>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2018 10:13:23 -0700

I would use pytraj to this. You can accomplish the same thing using the "
pytraj.analysis.vector.center" command
see: http://amber-md.github.io/pytraj/latest/_api/pytraj.vector.html
That way you have access to python syntax and you can run your loop in
python.

You could even then use pytraj.compute or pytraj.pmap if you want to do the
loop for you. These commands can take a python style list of individual
commands as input and will automatically run each one. The pmap command
will even let you run them in parallel.

If you really want to do this in cpptraj, you would have to write each i j
combination explicitly. Before I learned pytraj, I would usually write a
bash script to generate the cpptraj input script to do that sort of
iteration.

Hope that helps!