[AMBER] how to calculate the mass center distance between adjacent repeat units of one polymer chain

From: ÌÆÔªêÍ <tangyuanhui08.126.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2018 00:53:49 +0800 (CST)

Hello all,

This is Yuanhui. I want to calculate the distance between two residues as :i and :j, and i, j can be changed during a loop. However, the distance mask doesn't recognize the word :i. The input file is written like this:

parm *.prmtop
trajin md15.mdcrd 1 last 200
i=2
j=3
distance dist :i :j out dist.dat

Is there a way can make the cpptraj recognize the variable 'i' and 'j', because I want to change their values.
Best wishes!

--
Dr. Yuanhui Tang
Ralph E. Martin Department of Chemical Engineering