Re: [AMBER] sander API data structure

From: Hai Nguyen <nhai.qn.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2017 22:20:46 -0400

hi

On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 10:39 AM, Brent Krueger <kruegerb.hope.edu> wrote:
> Thank you all who responded to my earlier note -- we have the sander api
> working for us in a basic sense.
>
> However, we are having trouble reproducing previous results. I suspect
> this is because we are comparing a sander_api energy using slightly
> different input parameters than our previously-computed sander energy,
> which is because the input data structure for the sander_api includes
input
> parameters that are a modest subset of the total number of sander input
> parameters.
>

> Two/three questions related to this:
>
> 1) Can I get the sander_api to dump something equivalent to the header in
> the mdout file that reports on the values for all of the input parameters?

Currently not, you need to update its code

> 2) Is it safe for me to assume that it is not too difficult to add a
> variable to the sander_api input data structure (e.g. dsum_tol)?

Yes, not that difficult.

> 3) And if so, what are all the pieces of code/subroutines that I need to
> touch to do this?

You can look at my change (adding ibelly option to sanderapi): Mostly copy
and paste but need to make sure
to declare variables in some files (otherwise it's easy to get segmentation
fault).

$ git log d33c1550a55a32c1ae785148e5655dbc3ea01a4c --name-only

AmberTools/src/pysander/sander/src/pysandermodule.c # --> only if you use
Python

AmberTools/src/pysander/sander/src/pysandermoduletypes.c # --> only if you
use Python

AmberTools/src/sander/interface.F90

AmberTools/src/sander/mdread1.F90

AmberTools/src/sander/mdread2.F90