Re: [AMBER] Quasi-harmonic Calculations

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 11:42:57 -0500

On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 10:34 AM, Aronica, Pietro <
pietro.aronica07.imperial.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hello,
> I wanted to perform quasi-harmonic calculations of an interaction I have
> to estimate the entropy. I have been told that in order for this to work
> properly, the simulation needs to be of at least a certain length. I've
> also been told that this issue had been discussed on the mailing list
> before, but I have failed to find relevant information, just hints, and the
> tutorials are rather vague on the subject. Where can I find exact
> information on how quasi-harmonic calculations ought to be run?

​Journal articles. There seem to be some promising hits on Google Scholar:
https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&q=quasi-harmonic+entropy&btnG=&as_sdt=1%2C5&as_sdtp=

It may also take some amount of "try it and see" (e.g., in terms of how
many frames to include, etc.).

HTH,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University