Re: [AMBER] Is there a way to compare trajectories?

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 08:20:04 -0700

Just to add a bit to what Carlos said, CPPTRAJ does this kind of
combined cluster analysis natively. You just read in your two separate
trajectories, and cluster on them with the 'summarysplit' and
'splitframe' keywords. For example, if you have two trajectories each
with 1000 frames you could cluster like so:

parm myparm.parm7
trajin traj1.nc
trajin traj2.nc
cluster <clustering options> summarysplit split.dat splitframe 1000

This can be used to compare any number of trajectories.

Another method that we have been using to compare different
trajectories is to calculate the Kullback-Leibler divergence to
quantify the overlap of various distributions calculated from each
trajectory - in particular the principal component projection
histograms. For some examples of these kinds of calculations (as well
as example cpptraj scripts) see these articles and their supporting
info:

http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jp4125099
http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ct400862k

Hope this helps,