Re: [AMBER] query about Bromide ion forcefield parameter

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 08:12:00 -0400

On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 12:56 AM, jagannath mondal <jm3745.columbia.edu>
wrote:

> Hi
> I wanted to know what is the maximum concentration this ion parameter are
> safe to use. I have a protein which needs to simulated at a very high salt
> concentration of 9.3 M. However, at this salt concentration, simulation
> shows that the salt self-crystallize and there is a low interaction with
> the protein. My doubt is that may be at this salt concentation the salt
> parameters does not work as they might have been parameterized at a lower
> salt concentration.

​I suspect you are right in that the parameters were optimized at lower
salt concentrations (9.3 M is *very* salty...). Of course, the citations
for the ion parameters are the ultimate authority on the accuracy of this.

Those journal articles probably also indicate how high the concentrations
that were tested are.​ I'm not sure if anyone knows the direct answer to
your question, though.

HTH,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University