Re: [AMBER] query about Bromide ion forcefield parameter

From: Brent Krueger <kruegerb.hope.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 08:59:04 -0400

The concentration at which the ions will form crystals depends on the
counter ion. Young et al definitely explored this in that paper, so if you
take a careful look through there I believe that you will find the answer,
though it is possible that they explored this during their parameterization
process but never actually reported the concentrations. If so, you can
test this pretty easily yourself by creating a modest-sized box of water
with appropriate amounts of salt and just running the simulation. With no
protein and at such high salt concentrations, you can keep the full system
quite small such that it won't take long to run the test simulations.

Cheers,
Brent