Re: [AMBER] What is the formula for calculating EPtot?

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 10:56:20 -0400

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 10:17 AM, Conor Parks <coparks2012.gmail.com> wrote:

> Now I am curious, Dac. Why would the answer change if restraints are
> present? Are you referring to constraints as in settle or shake? In my
> view, these should not change the energy.

​And sometimes you will also see a term "EAMBER" which is the total
potential energy *without* counting the restraints. Obviously you don't
want to add this value when trying to compute EPtot from the printed
components, because then you'll double-count everything except the
restraint energies :).

All the best,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University