Re: [AMBER] Calculation of the number of internal waters during md simulation

From: James Starlight <jmsstarlight.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 10:50:54 +0100

Hi Dan,

thanks alot! Not it's works too.
The question is only how it would be better for the visualization in my
particular case. Using the below script I obtained grid:

# focus on some area of interest
center :272 mass origin
image origin center

#make rmsf fit if it's nessesary
#rms first mass out rms-grid :1-289
trajout md_apo_fit.dcd dcd first last 10 nobox
# calculate grid for the water
grid test.xplor 83.057938 0.5 36.727116 0.5 78.433228 0.5 :WAT.O*

where grid dimensions have been obtained by bonds:

ACTION OUTPUT:
4.804949 < X < 83.057938
0.951227 < Y < 36.727116
42.903404 < Z < 78.433228
    GRID: grid max is 328.000

now in VMD it's visually looks like the red slice around of the protein
(with the pereodicity in +Z and -Y!) which include some lipids (!)
besides the water so it seems fully correct for me :)

Gleb