Re: [AMBER] PM6-DH+ simulation problem

From: Marcos Serrou do Amaral <marcossamaral.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 11:16:27 -0300

> Maybe try doing a classical geometry optimization first to make sure you
> have a reasonable starting geometry. Or a QM/MM geometry optimization with
> hydrogen bond correction. Note that it is possible to encounter this
> problem later on during MD.

Hi Andreas!

The problem happened when I was trying an QM/MM umbrella sampling
simulation. The initial configuration comes from a classical molecular
dynamic. I did some tests and when I ran 20 ps PM6-DH+/MM MD simulation
(without umbrella sampling), the amber worked fine!
So, I got the last geometry and used it for umbrella sampling simulation.
Now, it has been working! :)

Do you have any suggestion if I encounter this problem during MD ?

Thank you for your help!

All the best
---
Marcos