Re: [AMBER] Linker Attached to DNA

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2014 08:13:30 +0100

Dear Brittany,

Did you use R.E.D. Server Dev./PyRED ?
  at http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDServer-Development/

See http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDServer-Development/images/PyRED.gif

You need to know:
  - the total charge of the fragment to be connected?
      use the MOLECULE1-INTRA-MCC1 keyword
  - if the open valency is a head or tail
      use the MOLECULE1-MOL3HEAD keyword
see the mol3 file format:
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/leap-mol3.php

PyRED generates FF lib. with atom types for molecular fragments + FF
parameter files + a LEaP script.

See http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-4.php

Your linker is connected to the 5' terminal end; i.e. let's do:
xleap -f leaprc.ff99SB

> charge DC5
Total unperturbed charge: -0.307900
Total perturbed charge: -0.307900
> charge DT5
Total unperturbed charge: -0.307900
Total perturbed charge: -0.307900

-> it looks like this is the target value you need to match.

> desc DC5
UNIT name: DC5
Head atom: null
Tail atom: .R<DC5 1>.A<O3' 28>
Contents: R<DC5 1>

-> it looks like you need to generate a tail; not a head.

about your linker:
it looks like your linker is a polymer; here pay attention to the
conformation of that polymer; a way limit the conformation variability
of this polymer is to build it from its elementary building block;
i.e. CH3-OCH2CH2-OH

   CH3-OCH2CH2-OH -> (1) OCH2CH2
                      (2) CH3-OCH2CH2
                      (3) OCH2CH2-OH