Re: [AMBER] Errors compiling Amber 14 after applying update 7

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 15:17:51 -0500

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 12:45 PM, Bob Healey <healer.rpi.edu> wrote:

> Just got my Amber license this week, unpacked everything and started
> compiling according to the manual. The first pass through (./configure
> gnu && make install) applied up to update 6. When I went to do the MPI
> build, the update script found update 7. After applying it, I can not
> get the compilation to complete. I even deleted my source tree and
> started over a few times. Before I roll back to update 6, I was
> wondering if anyone on this list had any advice for me. I am using
> Fedora 19, with stock compilers.
>
> Thank you.
>
> gfortran -DBINTRAJ -DEMIL -DPUBFFT -O3 -mtune=native
> -I/usr/local/amber/amber14/include -c shake.F90
> shake.F90:940.132:
>
> tected in equilibrium bond length for',/5x,'SHAKEn TI atoms',1x,i8,2x,i8,2x
> 1
> Error: Unexpected end of format string in format string at (1)
> shake.F90:941.132:
>
> nchronized from V0. ',/1x,'Consider using noshake mask or disabling SHAKE.'
> 1
> Error: Unexpected end of format string in format string at (1)
> shake.F90:932.41:

​I just tried this update myself and got the same error. The GNU compilers
have a much shorter line length limit than the Intel compilers. What this
means is that this update was not tested with the GNU compilers before it
was released, so another update will be required to fix that.

For the time being, you can use update_amber to revert to Amber/6 like so:

cd $AMBERHOME
./update_amber --revert-to Amber/6

Then recompile (making sure to say *no* to updates when asked).

​Hope this helps, and thanks for the report,
Jason​

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University
Postdoctoral Researcher