Re: [AMBER] Errors compiling Amber 14 after applying update 7

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 15:33:32 -0500

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014, Bob Healey wrote:

> Just got my Amber license this week, unpacked everything and started
> compiling according to the manual. The first pass through (./configure
> gnu && make install) applied up to update 6. When I went to do the MPI
> build, the update script found update 7. After applying it, I can not
> get the compilation to complete.

Aargh...update 7 to pmemd, which was just posted this week, is broken,
and you are the lucky first person to encounter it.

Joe used lines longer that 132 characters, which will choke many compilers.

A patch file is attached, or just make the changes in formats 1111 and
1112 by hand. We'll post an updated patch as soon as possible (cc-ing to Joe
and Ross...please make sure that this is the only issue.)

Thanks for the report.....dac